GOAN VODDE/ODDE RECIPE



GOAN VODDE/ODDES RECIPE


Voddes pronounced as oddes..is slightly sweet puffed up puri which is made during celebrations like weddings etc,I remember my mom making these voddes on New Year's morning..I have carried this tradition on..The recipe is super simple and the end result is divine. Ingredients for 20 voddes 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 1/4 cup rice flour 1/4 cup powdered sugar 1/2 cup of melted clarified butter/ghee 1/4 cup coconut milk Method Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl,add half the ghee and the entire coconut milk ,a little at a time knead to a smooth,soft yet firm dough ,add the remaining ghee and knead for 5 mins,set aside for 3-4 hours ,roll out like you would puris and deep fry till they puff up and turn a light golden brown in colour..drain the excess oil

Comments

Akshata's Recipes

Akshata's Recipes
Click on my picture to visit my channel