EASY BREAD PUDDING

Tuesday, January 22, 2019


Easy Bread Pudding Recipes

This is my very first post on my blog.I thought I would start my blog with A very easy yet delicious recipe and one of my favourites.

This bread pudding is my Mom's recipe and it's a very common dessert in any Goan home.It's very similar to a caramel pudding or custard ,the only difference being the use of bread.
Now for this recipe you can use brown bread slices,white bread slices,leftover bread or even pao/pav.The other ingredients are just eggs,milk,vanilla essence and sugar.

Recipe
----------
10 slices of bread/5 paos/pavs torn into very fine pieces
2 eggs
1/2 cup of icing sugar
1tsp of vanilla essence
1 & 1/2 cup of milk
2 tbsp of  melted butter

For the caramel topping
--------------------------------
4 Tbsp of regular sugar
2 tbsp of water


first prepare the caramel by mixing the sugar and water and heating this mixture on a low heat ,stirring continuously till it forms a caramel colour.

in a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients like milk,eggs ,essence and butter well add the sugar mix well and lastly add the torn pieces of bread.

pour the caramel in the pressure cooker dish or any round baking dish ,spread evenly ,now pour the bread mix onto the caramel.

Pressure cook for 1 whistle on high and simmer for 15-20 mins
let it cool completely,now over turn the pudding onto a plate.
Serve hot or chilled

Enjoy!





Comments

Akshata's Recipes

Akshata's Recipes
Click on my picture to visit my channel